Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Everett Shin Research

The Hippodrome

 Curtain Call
 Dancer in White Before the Footlights
Green Ballet


Everett Shin was an American realist painter and an important influence of the realist movement in modern art in the early 20th century. He was part of “The Eight” (Also known as the Aschan School), which was a group of artists that rebelled against the traditional academic research standard. Shinn’s paintings portray a sense of urgency with his thick, bold brushstrokes. I really like his work because a lot of his paintings are of ballerinas and circuses and people on stage, which reminds me of my childhood in a way because I used to love ballerinas and I had ballerina paintings in my room, and I loved going to the circus. These paintings remind me of innocence and being a child and loving these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment