Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Context Blog

I personally like viewing art in big museum locations as opposed to the small pop-up galleries. They were in enclosed spaces and it made me feel a bit claustrophobic. The pop-up galleries made me uninterested in the artwork because I was really just focusing on getting out of the rooms because they were small. One of the pop-up galleries was just outdoors in a department-store window way, and I thought that made it seem like the art wasn’t important. I really do like the public works such as Cloud Gate and Crown Fountain because they are easily viewable to the public and enjoyable to observe. Cloud Gate or “The Bean” as I prefer to call it, is one of my favorite things to go to in Chicago, so I really enjoyed going there for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment